The University of Texas Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering has been ranked as one of the top Electrical & Computer Engineering departments in the country for over a decade and is among the largest undergraduate programs at UT.
- 2013 U.S. News and World Report ranks UT ECE's
- Undergraduate computer engineering program - # 8
- Undergraduate electrical engineering program - #8
- Graduate computer engineering - # 5
- Graduate electrical engineering - # 11
- We host and organize conferences on renewable energy and new technologies in utilities, integrated circuits, wireless technologies, and engineering management. This year we will host a new conference on biochips and biosensors.
- We have Masters' Degree programs for working professionals (weekend classes)
- We also host a community outreach program to middle and high school students. For over five years the Edison Lecture Series has been getting students excited about studying technology with over 18,000 attendees and counting.
The Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering hosts 65 full-time faculty members, 26 of them hired in the last 6 years.
ECE faculty are associated with 15 research centers and 12 research labs at UT. Facilities are available in the Engineering-Science (ENS) building, Applied Computational Engineering and Sciences (ACES) building, and the Pickle Research Center. The nationally known UT library system, cleanroom facilities, a 2,900 square foot high performance visualization facility, and advanced computing resources and services are at researchers' disposal.
ECE faculty includes:
- Seven National Academy of Engineering members
- Three ACM Fellows
- 30 IEEE Fellows
- 23 National Science Foundation Young Investigator/CAREER award winners
- 13 Endowed Chairs
- 12 Endowed Professorships
- 17 Endowed Fellowships
- 1,300 undergraduates
- 650 graduate students
- The 6th largest department at UT
ECE faculty lead the nation with research in:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Communications, Networks, and Systems (CommNetS)
- Computer Architecture & Embedded Processors
- Computer Engineering
- Electromagnetics and Acoustics
- Energy Systems
- Integrated Circuits & Systems
- Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- Plasma/Quantum Electronics and Optics
- Software Engineering
- Solid-State Electronics