Abstract: I have been pursuing a set of architectural principles for general-purpose parallel computing for quite a while now. These principles, and the implementations that occurred to me while pursuing them, arrived one at a time as ideas generally do. Many of them are well known, at least approximately, but the synergy among them is not widely understood. I hope this talk will help remedy that.
One might wonder which of the several meanings of the word "canon" I intend here...
1. An ecclesiastical person: no.
2. A set of principles: yes.
3. A recognized body of writing: not enough, perhaps.
4. A large arroyo: no, that's "cañon".
5. A fugue, e.g. "Row, Row, Row Your Boat": yes.