We analyze a generalized method for harmonic analysis under oscillations called the Taylor-Fourier Transform (TFT). The TFT always has a lower error than the standard discrete Fourier transform (DFT) method. The TFT also:
- reduces inter-harmonic interference,
- has coefficients with physical meaning,
- locates transients in time,
- has maximally flat gains about each harmonic, and
- estimates position and derivates of each harmonic.
We propose the use of the TFT in digital communication systems.