Thinking about what to do with your life?
Think UT Austin might be right for you?
You embrace a challenge. You're open to discovery. You want to change the world, for yourself and for others. And you're not afraid to admit it.
Consider, then, a place committed to innovative learning and research—an environment that encourages creativity, analysis and critical thinking while working to find solutions to real-world problems. Imagine yourself on a campus at the heart of a vibrant city that expands opportunities for learning—that is, when it's not paying it forward or keeping it weird. Become a part of a diverse community known around the world for its bold spirit of pride and competitiveness. Define your future as you realize you're free to question ideas, pursue long-held passions and explore new interests—to redefine what's possible.
If you've thought about making UT Austin part of your future, you'll find information here to help you decide and begin the process. All first time students at UT must apply through Be a Longhorn webpage. Don't forget to list Electrical and Computer Engineering as your first choice major.
Most applicants to The University of Texas at Austin do apply for freshman admission. You should do the same, if you:
- Have graduated or will soon graduate from high school or receive a GED and
- Have not enrolled in another college or university after graduating from high school or earning a GED.
If you’d like to attend UT Austin but you’ve already started your studies at another college or university, you should apply as a transfer student.
You should apply for international undergraduate admission if you
- Are seeking a bachelor’s degree
- Are not a U.S. citizen
- Are not a permanent resident of the U.S.
- Are not attending a Texas high school
- Are an international student who has never attended the University of Texas at Austin