Study Abroad

ECE students are encouraged to take advantage of study abroad opportunities. The International Engineering Education Office can provide information on study abroad programs available for engineering students. 

Options include Short-Term Programs led by UT faculty or Semester Exchanges


Credits earned during study abroad will transfer as in-residence and students will receive a grade to be applied to their GPA.

Many courses are available to transfer as credits that directly correspond to EE courses and can apply towards required coursework, including technical core courses and electives. In many cases, courses that don't have a direct equivalent to an EE course can still be accepted towards the Academic Enrichment secondary technical core with approval by the ECE Faculty Advisor.

To review study abroad courses that have an established UT equivalent, review the My Credit Abroad database. If you discover a course offered by the university that you would like to attend but it is NOT listed in the My Credit Abroad system, the IEE office can work with you to have it evaluated by the ECE department to find out how it will transfer. Please first contact the IEE office for information about how to initiate this process. 

Please note that courses taken abroad as pass/fail cannot be used towards the BSEE degree. 

*New* ES 177 Topics in Engineering: Cultural Analysis for Global Professionals has been approved for a Global Cultures flag beginning Fall 2018. This is a web-based companion course for students studying abroad. 


For more information about programs and the application process, stop by the IEE Office in EER 2.608 or visit their website.

Once you have an idea of which courses you would like to take abroad, please set up an appointment with Yesenia Roman, ECE undergraduate advisor, in order to discuss how the courses will apply towards your BSEE degree. You may set up an appointment online via the Advising webpage.