8:00 AM - BADGE PICK UP Pre-Registration is REQUIRED
10:30AM-12:30PM - WORKSHOP POSTER SESSION
HEAR TALKS BY LEADING EXPERTS IN INDUSTRY AND ACADEMIA ABOUT:
- Blockchains (beyond Bitcoin and Ethereum)
- Big data-centric computing
- Personal and Portable clouds
- FPGA's in Data Centers
- HPC vs Cloud computing
- ARM vs Intel multicore servers
- Networking and Storage innovations
- Internet security
- Prof. Vijay Chidambaram, UT, “PebblesDB: Building Key-Value Stores using Fragmented Log-Structured Merge Trees”
- Prof. Derek Chiou, UT and Microsoft, “Soft Logic in a Data Center”
- Prof. Mattan Erez, UT, “Quality of Service Techniques for Mixed-Latency Workloads”
- Cyril Guyot, Western Digital, “Low-latency software architecture for distributed shared memory”
- Dr. Rick Kessler, Cavium, “ThunderX2 in HPC”
- Dr. Pankaj Mehra, AwarenaaS, “Data Centric Computer Architecture”
- Prof. Simon Peter, UT, “Cross Media File Storage with Strata”
- Prof. Chris Rossbach, UT, “System Software in the Wake of Moore's Law”
- Dr. Srinath Setty, Microsoft, “VOLT project: Trustworthy distributed ledgers by leveraging an untrusted service provider”
- Dr. Rishi Sinha, Facebook, “Networking at Facebook Through the Layers”
- Kumaran Siva, Intel, "FPGA-Ready Cloud Workloads"
- Dr. Dan Stanzione, Texas Advanced Computing Center, “HPC vs. The Cloud-- In the End There Can Be Only One?”
- Prof. Emmett Witchel, UT, “Securing Untrusted Computation on Secret Data”
- Prof. Hakim Weatherspoon, Cornell, "SuperCloud: Opportunities and Challenges”
CALL For UT STUDENT POSTERS -
PURPOSE: The student poster session is for both undergrad and grad students to describe their Cloud related research projects.
CONTENT presented before in a class, seminar, workshop or conference is acceptable, as is new content.
FORMAT: Authors are welcome to present a 2-minute verbal overview (no slides or props) in the “Lightning Round” to the entire assembly at 10:30 to 11:00AM. These and all other authors will present informally to Workshop attendees during the poster viewing session (posters on easels) at lunch 11:00AM to 12:30PM.
Best Poster Cash Awards: $300 cash awards for Best Undergraduate and Best Graduate Poster will be presented during the Reception in the late afternoon after the general sessions.
ATTENDANCE IS FREE FOR STUDENTS and UT STAFF, ADVANCE REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED.
Organized by UT ECE Prof. Derek Chiou, UT CS Prof. Simon Peter and the Industry-Academia Partnership.