There are two options for email at UT:
Note: Faculty and staff Office 365 accounts are created by ECE-IT. Please stop by UTA 6.508 or email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your affiliation with ECE (e.g. new faculty or staff member). A mailbox can not be created until an official appointment with appropriate status has been created in HRMS.
Office 365 accounts are preferred over UTmail in the below cases:
- You require calendar or resource (rooms, etc.) sharing with colleagues on AEMS (Exchange).
- You require email encryption or digital signature. - It is encouraged to implement a digital signature
- Your data is export controlled or subject to a Technology Control Plan, Non-Disclosure Agreement or Sensitive Data Control Plan.
- Your data is specifically protected by Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act HIPAA or Federal Information Security Management Act FISMA.
- Your data is specifically protected by a contract (e.g., NSF, NIH, DOE) and prohibits the use of 3rd party services such as Google's Gmail service.
Click Getting Started with Office 365 for assistance configuring your mail client
UTmail is available to faculty, staff, and students and is made available through Google with a 30GB mailbox quota.
Note: Faculty and staff qualify for a UTmail business account, but will be deactivated when employment with the university has ended. University retirees are eligible to keep their account upon retirement.