Student web hosting is available through:
Google Sites (UTMail Account).
Please visit https://sites.google.com/a/utexas.edu (link is external) for more information.
University Blog Service
The University Blog Service is available for use by faculty, staff, and students. The service uses the WordPress platform. Blogs can be created by, and are available for individuals, groups, projects, or departments.
This service does not meet the FERPA requirements for hosting Category I data and should not be used for course-related purposes.
- Log in with your UT EID login information
- Control the visibility of your blog
- Customize the look of your blog with one of over 50 available themes
- Track statistics, including how many people have visited your blog
- A Web address example: http://sites.utexas.edu/<sitename>
Note: WordPress creates the content for you through a GUI front-end.