The ECE Student Services Office will be physically closed until further notice, but advisors will be accessible for online advising.
The ECE Student Services Office fully embraces their mission of providing advice, services, and resources for students to make informed decisions about their progress towards an ECE degree while providing continuous support and encouragement that assists students in surpassing their own academic expectations. In line with the University’s mission, the ECE Department holds achievement of excellence in education, research, and public service a top priority and delivers services that create a robust environment that champions student success.
The objective and mission of the office is cemented in a variety of core values that promote student achievement, inclusivity, support, and leadership. The core values positively impact creativity and innovation, as evidenced by the development of programs and initiatives.
New incoming students are provided instructions for attending registration advising during new student orientation. Please register for UT Orientation after accepting your offer of admission. All undergraduate students majoring in electrical and computer engineering are required to have a laptop. Ensure your laptop is compliant.
All current ECE students must receive academic advising every semester. Current students can also find useful information via ENGR Direct. For degree audit reviews, four-year planning, or other questions that require more time with an advisor, please schedule an appointment.
Download the EAB Navigate App Today
- Search in the app for "University of Texas at Austin"
- Use the same username and password you use for all your UT accounts
- Remember to enable push notification for updates and reminders
Or, log in online: utengineering.navigate.eab.com/app
Drop-In Advising has currently ended for Spring 2021 and will resume in August for Fall 2021 semester.
Advisors are available for virtual appointments via Zoom. Please click the link below to schedule an appointment with one of our ECE Advisors. You will receive a Zoom link when you book the advising appointment.
Peer Advisors will resume their duties in early June for summer semester.
The ECE Student Services Office established a Peer Ambassadors Program to better serve our prospective students and families. Peer Ambassadors receive training to provide outreach and support to future UT Austin students. In addition to hosting prospective students, the Peer Ambassadors serve as panelists, tour guides, and student liaisons to the department for recruitment events. Peer Ambassadors play an important role in student recruitment, and the position provides valuable leadership and public speaking experience. Peer Ambassadors will resume their duties in early June for summer semester.
- EE 302 and EE 306 are available to non-ECE students during the Spring semester ONLY, depending on seat availability and students meeting the prerequisite. Students who meet the prerequisites will be able to directly register for open sections beginning on the 3rd class day at 8:00am and do NOT need to visit the ECE Advising office to be added.
- EE 333T is available to other UT Engineering majors during BOTH the Fall & Spring semesters, depending on seat availability and students meeting the prerequisite of upper division status. Engineering students who meet the prerequisites will be able to directly register for open sections beginning on the 3rd class day at 8:00am and do NOT need to visit the ECE Advising office to be added.
- For NON-ECE Undergrad students ONLY: Click here to request to be added (Link for Fall 2021 will be posted on August 24th) to an ECE Undergraduate course will be available the day before the first class day in the spring 2021 semester.
- We are sometimes able to open a very limited number of additional courses to non-ECE Graduate students when seats are available. Starting on the 1st class day at 8:00am, students who meet the prerequisites can complete this form to request to be added. The form will be active starting on the first class day, however the ECE advising office will not review the forms until the first class day. This deadline has passed for Spring 2021
- For EE Graduate students requesting to take an EE undergraduate course, the deadline has passed for Spring 2021.
Dr. Veronica Vasquez, Ed.D.
Director of Student Services, Undergraduate and Graduate
Sharon Bressette, M.S.
Virginia Pearson, MBA, M.Ed
Senior Undergraduate Academic Advisor
Yesenia Roman, M.Ed
Senior Undergraduate Academic Advisor
Senior Administrative Associate
Student Services Office
The ECE Student Services Office is currently operating remotely.
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM