Our community is made up of 70 tenure/tenure-track faculty members who hold 47 endowed faculty positions along with top researchers, affiliated faculty from other departments, and an excellent staff support team. Our main administrative offices and academic offices are located in the EER Building, and we conduct research in several facilities on and off-campus.
Our faculty are the recipients of many major recognitions including the following:
- 1 Emmy Award winner
- 3 National Academy of Engineering (NAE) Members
- 3 National Academy of Inventors (NAI) Members
- 3 Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) Fellows
- 4 Optical Society (OSA) Fellows
- 3 American Physical Society (APS) Fellows
- 2 International Society for Optical Engineering (SPIE) Fellows
- 32 Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Fellows
Our staff have been recognized for their achievements including:
- NACADA Outstanding Advising Program Award
- Texas Exes James W. Vick Award for Academic Advising
- President's Outstanding Staff Awards
Get to know our world-renowned faculty members and learn more about their expertise in their faculty profiles. Our staff members are a great resource to help with any academic or research questions or needs.