The ECE Student Services Office fully embraces their mission of providing advice, services, and resources for students to make informed decisions about their progress towards an ECE degree while providing continuous support and encouragement that assists students in surpassing their own academic expectations. In line with the University’s mission, the ECE Department holds achievement of excellence in education, research, and public service a top priority and delivers services that create a robust environment that champions student success.
The objective and mission of the office is cemented in a variety of core values that promote student achievement, inclusivity, support, and leadership. The core values positively impact creativity and innovation, as evidenced by the development of programs and initiatives.
New incoming students are provided instructions for attending registration advising during new student orientation. Please register for UT Orientation after accepting your offer of admission. All undergraduate students majoring in electrical and computer engineering are required to have a laptop. Ensure your laptop is compliant. View Requirements
Peer Ambassadors are current ECE students who have received training to provide outreach and support to future UT Austin students. In addition to hosting prospective students, the Peer Ambassadors serve as panelists, tour guides, and student liaisons to the department for recruitment events. If you are a prospective student or family with questions about the ECE program, please visit our Admissions page.
Peer Ambassadors can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Advisors are available for appointments via EAB Navigate. Please click the link below to schedule an appointment with one of our ECE Advisors. You will receive a Zoom link when you book the advising appointment.
Drop-in Advising for Graduation questions & Fall 2022 planning:
May 2, 2022 – May 6, 2022
MWF: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
TTh: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Both Peer advisors and Academic advising staff will be available to assist students at the above link.
Download the EAB Navigate App Today
- Search in the app for "University of Texas at Austin"
- Use the same username and password you use for all your UT accounts
- Remember to enable push notification for updates and reminders
Or, log in online: utengineering.navigate.eab.com/app
Additional advising information, including concurrent enrollment forms, over 17 hours forms, internal transfer information and more can be found on ENGR Direct. ECE Advising also utilizes Canvas to send updates and important announcements to current ECE students. Please check canvas.utexas.edu for your year-specific homepage.
Peer Advisors are current ECE students who are available for quick questions on ECE related matters. You can contact them via email at email@example.com or drop in to chat with them on Zoom during their drop-in hours.
Feb 7, 2022 - Apr 4, 2022
MWF: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM, 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- EE 302 and EE 306 are available to non-ECE students during the Spring semester ONLY, depending on seat availability and students meeting the prerequisite. Students who meet the prerequisites will be able to directly register for open sections beginning on the 3rd class day at 8:00am and do NOT need to visit the ECE Advising office to be added.
- EE 333T is available to other UT Engineering majors during BOTH the Fall & Spring semesters, depending on seat availability and students meeting the prerequisite of upper division status. Engineering students who meet the prerequisites will be able to directly register for open sections beginning on the 3rd class day at 8:00am and do NOT need to visit the ECE Advising office to be added.
- For NON-ECE Undergrad students ONLY: Click here to access the form.
- We are sometimes able to open a very limited number of additional courses to non-ECE Graduate students when seats are available. Starting on the 1st class day at 8:00am, students who meet the prerequisites can complete this form to request to be added. The form will be active starting on the first class day, however the ECE advising office will not review the forms until the fourth class day. Click here to access the form.
Brittney Outlaw, M. Ed
Academic Advising Coordinator
Associate Academic Advisor
Senior Administrative Associate
Nikki Rodelas Morris
Graduate Assistant & ECE TALENT Success Program Mentoring Coordinator
Graduate Assistant & ECE TALENT Success Program Mentoring
Student Services Office
Engineering and Education Research Center
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM